- On the way to the Cardinal game, Ace and I are talking about "infinity" and different ways to make figure eights while Z occasional interjects with "boring". 09.01.2014
- Ace's take on ice cream: "You don't even chew it. You just put it in your mouth, let it melt a little bit, and then swallow. It's kinda creepy." 09.09.2014
- Nothing like having your four-year-old open all the bathroom window blinds while you are in the shower. Z alerted me to his presence by saying, "there, that's better," before leaving and not responding to my pleas of modesty.
Sorry neighbors. 09.15.2014
- Z just told me, "You're a woman in a man's world." Looks like I have a lot of work to do. 09.26.2014
- Z told me this morning, "Your booty is like a bumper boat!" 10.02.2014
- Dinner time conversation with the kids included new names for that NFL team in DC that their daddy loves. I offered The Generals. Ace offered Sweethearts, The Best of the Best, Beauties, and M-O-M. Z said "Red Cardinals, because my only team is the Cardinals." (baseball Cardinals of course) 10.07.2014
- Z thinks the trees with leaves turning orange are "Pumpkin Trees". This revelation led to Z story time...
"When the pumpkins get too big, they fall to the ground. Then they turn green and become grass. At night, the pumpkins grow again, and one will become the Golden Pumpkin. It will fly in the night." 10.18.2014
- Picking up Ace from school, I say, "We need to go get gas for the car." She replies, "No, you need to get gas. I need to relax and pretend I'm at the beach." 10.22.2014
- Ace and I had the "more fun" versus "funner" debate this morning. Here is her stance...
"Funner is a word because it comes out of my mouth. Funner. See, I said it again, so it has to be a word." 10.28.2014
- Ace holds up her Sophia the First coloring page and says...
"What I'm doing here is proving that I do not have to go to college, because I'm already an artist. Not going. Not going to do it." 11.02.2014
- Z: Mommy, do you have another baby in your belly?
Me: Does it look like I have a baby in my belly?
Z: Well, it's very big.
Me: (I pat my belly) It is?
Z: Not that belly. (He points about a foot higher.) That one up there. 11.06.2014
- Ace, while drawing after dinner tonight...
"Do you know why I color so much?"
"Because you want to be a good artist?"
"No, because I want to draw things that help people understand something they didn't understand before." 11.19.2014
- Painting with the kids this afternoon (11.24.2014). Here are a few gems...
"Are you looking for your antiques, like your easel and beret?"
"I'm going to explore the life of these colors!"
"Every smile needs a beautiful red face."
Z: "Aw man, all my colors are ruined!"
-using the sponge he was painting to wipe the paint off his face-
Z: "I don't know what to draw." Ace replies: "Just sit there and think, and when you know it you will blow it, on your paper, and the world will see what a great artist you are!"
- Morning conversation with Z...
Morning conversation with Z...Z: Next time we need to go to India.
Me: India. Hmmm. Why India?
Z: Because, they have a Toys R Us there.
Me: Oh, you want to go to India for Toys R Us?
Z: Yeah, and they will give us a house in India in 100 days.
Me: A house in a 100 days? Who is 'they'?
Z: The house givers. In a 100 days they will give us a new house. They like to do that. 12.02.2014
- Z just informed me, "I am Boho the robot, and robots don't go potty." 12.04.2014
- Z told me last night that he is a movie star. When I asked what movie he has been in, he replied, "The 'How To Be A Pirate' movie I was in when I was a baby in our old house in Oregon. 12.09.2014
- Ace at lunch: "Wouldn't it be amazing if everything was covered in popcorn and carrots?" 12.28.2014
- When I asked Ace a simple, "What are you doing?" she replied with a cryptic, "When you ask what I'm doing you are actually asking what am I not doing." 12.29.2014